Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Intern Gig

Soon after my exploits as a freelancer I was fortunate enough to be able to work at Richter 7 here in Salt Lake City, Utah. I was a novice intern, not having much of a clue about anything. I didn't even know InDesign, so I became acquainted. Just like a matchmaking I was set up with InDesign, someone who at first I thought was repulsive and complicated. But as I got to know her I found out her little quirks and inner beauty and have never wished for anything else. Quark tried to court me, but I found her advances off putting and distasteful and extremely complicated. So, I did many of resizes here, scaling client's ready made ads to their desired size. There was a few times I was let off the leash to do my own thing, a trial period I liked to call it. One of the things I came up with, were these Halloween Party invites.


I was able to also do some other collateral for this event. First the voting form:


Next, the certificate for the Grand Prize, front and back:


And finally the voting box.

Really enjoyed this project. Pleased with the final product and the way my illustrations turned out. Just a simple take on the theme of "Day of the Dead".

I had another chance to offer a campaign suggestion to Questar, a local utility provider. My take was to show people's options to finding their source of heat for the upcoming winter. Option A, B or C?

No comments: