Monday, October 6, 2008

Return to Richter

Returning to Richter I was given the task to come up with a look for the values of Richter7. There are 15 values in total which range from valuing Accomplishment to Fun, I gave a treatment to each. My first thoughts took me in the direction of early comic books, and this is what I presented.

Trouble is, I just can't quite hit the comic book par when it comes to illustration. This is about as good as it gets. So I turned elsewhere, I turned to the Boy Scouts of America. Using some illustrations from an old scout manual I catered each value to the image, trying to match the value with its appropriate picture. I stayed with the distressed look and texture to compliment the brand of Richter.

















Alphabetically arranged, there they are. Had a really enjoyable time with this project, if it were to call me and ask me out again I would certainly not say no.

2 comments:

Brett Crockett said...

Dude Ben, those rock. I'm completely jealous. Nice job, and welcome back to the Great State.

TheIntern said...

Brett, thanks man, appreciate that. How did you locate the blog here? Appreciate the readership. Was surprised to see your comment actually.