Monday, October 6, 2008

Making the Exit

About mid-way through my stay at Richter the opportunity was presented to me to go and work on the islands of Hawaii. Oahu to be specific. If I so chose I could become the designer for the Polynesian Cultural Center, evidently it's Hawaii's number one attraction. I was familiar with the brand, working with the Center there at Richter. So, I weighed my options, and came to a fairly simple conclusion that living and working in Hawaii might not be all that terrible.
After interviewing and waiting for months to hear the outcome I got word one day that I was to design a mock piece to send to the same gentleman who interviewed me. There was another girl who was in contention for the spot as well. It had come down to a design off, a battle of...aesthetics. We were presented with the parameters and given a time restraint to complete the task. I presented this:



In September of 2007 I was shipped off to Hawaii to become the in-house designer for the Polynesian Cultural Center.

No comments: